Born in 1949 in Heerlen. Studied Architecture at the Technical University of Eindhoven. 1977-87 Studied with Luigi Snozzi, Locarno and James Stirling, in Düsseldorf. In 1979 worked with Aldo Van Eyck and Theo Bosch, in Amsterdam. In 1979 set up own office in Eindhoven. Since 1986 member of the editorial team at Wiederhall. Since 1987 Supervisor for Town Planning in Den Haag, Amsterdam, Maastricht, Eindhoven and Tilburg. In 1990 set up own office in Maastricht. Various architectural prizes of the BNA; honorary member of the Association of German Architects. Participation in the Triennale of Milan (1997) and Sao Paulo (1997). Various national and international professorships. 2000-2004 Rijksbouwmeester (Chief Government Architect) in Den Haag. 2002 set up own office in Amsterdam and Luxemburg. 2004 Honorary degree of doctorate.